Parking Violations: May Be Paid ONLINE, by MAIL or IN PERSON
TO PAY ONLINE – CLICK BUTTON BELOW OR CLICK HERE
Answering a Traffic Ticket received in the Inc. Village of Lynbrook:
If you have received a traffic ticket for an infraction of the Vehicle & Traffic Laws of the state of New York from the Lynbrook Police Department, you may plea to the summons by mail with certain exceptions. Below are instructions for answering a traffic ticket:
- You may plead GUILTY by MAIL
- You may plead NOT GUILTY by mail
- You may appear AT THE DESIGNATED COURT DATE and plead guilty or not guilty
WARNING: FAILURE TO RESPOND TO A SUMMONS WILL RESULT IN A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST AND MAY RESULT IN THE SUSPENSION OF YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE.
If you plead guilty or not guilty by mail BEFORE the court date listed on your summons you DO NOT HAVE to appear in court on the court date. If you plead not guilty by mail you will be notified by mail as to when to appear.
If you appear in person you must do so on the court date listed on your summons at the address listed above. If you have any questions, call 516-599-0416 between 8 AM and 3:30 PM, Mon-Fri.
THE COURT DOES NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS. The court does accept cash, certified checks or money orders to pay fines.
Pleas of Guilty by mail:
You may plead guilty by mail to most offenses. YOU MAY NOT PLEAD GUILTY BY MAIL if you are charged with the following:
- A 3rd SPEED OFFENSE WITHIN THE PAST 18 MONTHS
- ANY SPEED OFFENSE IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH
- ANY MISDEMEANOR OFFENSE
- A VIOLATION OF NYS VTL 319-1, NO INSURANCE.
Acceptable proof of insurance:
If you receive a ticket for no insurance (VTL 319-1), THE ONLY PROOF OF INSURANCE THE COURT WILL ACCEPT IS A LETTER FROM YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY, STATING THE VEHICLE IN QUESTION WAS INSURED, WITH NO LAPSE IN COVERAGE, ON THE DATE INDICATED ON THE SUMMONS. AN INSURANCE CARD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF INSURANCE BY THE COURT. A LETTER FROM AN INSURANCE BROKER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
To plead guilty by mail:
Mail the following items to the Lynbrook Village Court:
- Your traffic summons with PART A completed and signed.
- A stamped, self addressed envelope used for your receipt.
- The court will set the fine and notify you by mail.
- Use only the above listed payment methods, payable to Lynbrook Village Justice Court, in the amount of the fine with the specified time indicated.
If you receive a summons for operating without a license or registration, please forward a copy of the valid document along with the summons to the above court.
To plead not guilty by mail:
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON PART B OF YOUR SUMMONS
If you have any questions, you may call (516) 599-0416 8 AM-3:30 PM Mon-Fri.
For information regarding the NYS Driver’s License Violation Points System, and the Point Insurance Reduction Program, Click here.